We truly believe that the men and women who answered our nation’s call embody the ideals Americans hold so dear.
Because they have proven their devotion to their fellow citizens and to a grateful nation, we all owe them the same respect and devotion in return.
Why Do More Families Trust Us to Care for their Veteran?
We are known for our compassionate, caring and thoroughly professional staff, and have years of experience in planning military services. Whether your family chooses cremation or burial, we will be proud to take care of all the details involved. Mack Family Funeral Homes will assist our families in matters that relates to their loved one's passing and the United States Military Veterans' funeral benefits and honors to which they are entitled.
wE ARE pROUD TO hONOR Those Who Served
It is an honor to assist our families in filing Veterans Burial Benefits. Without a doubt, our professional staff feels pride when we are able to care for veterans and their families. It is our way of expressing gratitude for their service to the country.
We are committed to taking care of all the details involved in providing the veteran in your life with deeply meaningful and honoring ceremonies. We can:
- Complete applications for all veterans’ benefits, including Military Honors, Presidential Memorial Certificate and veteran's memorial marker or headstone
- Confirm and coordinate any existing paid pre-plan funding benefits which may cover any expenses deemed ineligible by the Veterans Administration
- Coordinate necessary documentation provided by family to request honors
- Coordinate application for burial or cremation allowance and burial plot allowance if not using a national cemetery. Coordinate with national or state veterans’ cemeteries, including the Winchendon Veterans Cemetery. (For an application or for more information about the MA Veterans Cemetery in Winchendon, call 978-297-9501.)
You will receive:
- The professional services of Funeral Director and support staff
- Transfer the deceased and professional care
- Cremation services
- Use of our funeral home facilities and staff for a visitation or gathering
- A funeral or memorial ceremony
- Use of automotive equipment
- Online interactive memorial website
- Additional personalization options, including specialized engraving, a moving tribute video
To learn more details about Veterans Benefits, give us a call at 978-575-0575. We will be honored to speak with you.
Who is Eligible?
In short, the veteran must have been honorably discharged. A more detailed list of those service men and women who may apply for, and receive veterans' burial benefits, with full military honors if they choose would include:
- Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve
- Former military members who served on active duty and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
Former military members discharged from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
If you have any questions about your eligibility, or that of a family member, call us at . If you have any questions about your eligibility or that of a family member, contact the staff of one of our locations or send us an email using our contact form. If you have questions about the MA Veterans Cemetery in Winchendon, please call 978-297-9501.